Chanel Joues Contraste in 'Star Dust' (#73) is the latest powder blush from the Chanel Holiday 2012 Collection: Éclats Du Soir De Chanel. It's a very pale, soft pink with multi-coloured iridescence and a gorgeous subtle satiny sheen finish. On my medium-to-tanned olive skin tone (~NC30-35), this gives subtle, beautiful glow and luminescence to my complexion with just the hint of colour. I would need to layer a lot of this on to build the colour, but it's possible. The result is very subtle though, but just enough of a very natural yet sophisticated pinky glow. When first swatched heavily, I initially thought it had quite a white-base to it, which would look rather powdery and artificial on my skin (or any skin tone for that matter), but in fact, when applied to the cheeks, it blends extremely well and looks very natural and luminous.
I would say that this product would lean towards being more of a highlighter than to primarily add colour to the cheeks - even for pale complexions as the pink is so soft - unless you keep layering.
Love this on the cheeks (if used as a very subtle blush paired with strong colours on the eyes and lips), or to highlight the cheekbones.
I would say that this product would lean towards being more of a highlighter than to primarily add colour to the cheeks - even for pale complexions as the pink is so soft - unless you keep layering.
Love this on the cheeks (if used as a very subtle blush paired with strong colours on the eyes and lips), or to highlight the cheekbones.
![]() |
| 'Star Dust' - photographed true to colour (shot indoors, under artificial lighting and using a strobe). |
I personally prefer to use a very high quality soft blush brush for this (e.g., Shiseido Blush Brush or Suqqu Cheek Brush) even though it is a baked powder formulation, coarse brushes such as the one supplied with the product (made of natural hair) does tend to kick up quite a bit of powder. This leaves the compact quite messy and also means you're likely to end up with the iridescence on your hair near your cheeks as you sweep. Though surprisingly, I rather liked that effect on my hair - so pretty and festive! ;-) I find the Shiseido / Suqqu brushes picks up the product extremely well and deposits it on your cheeks without wasting any of it, so I think it's worth having something like this, but you don't have to spend a lot - the Shiseido one is the more affordable brush that does just a great a job. ;-)
Packaging
![]() |
| 'Star Dust' - photographed true to colour. |
![]() |
| 'Star Dust' - photographed to show the multi-coloured iridescence under low-lighting (without strobe). |
![]() |
| Take 2: 'Star Dust' - photographed to show the multi-coloured iridescence under low-lighting (without strobe). |
Very simple, classic packaging. The compact comes with a mirror and natural-hair applicator brush.
Swatches
All swatches below are against medium / light tan olive skin tone (~NC30-35). Photographed indoors under artificial lighting and using a strobe.
Size
4 g / 0.14 oz of product.
![]() |
| Lightweight black lacquer compact with a black velvet pouch sporting the Chanel logo. |
![]() |
| Product description label at the bottom of the compact. |
Swatches
All swatches below are against medium / light tan olive skin tone (~NC30-35). Photographed indoors under artificial lighting and using a strobe.
![]() |
| Photographed true to colour. |
![]() |
| Swatches photographed to show the multi-coloured iridescence under low-lighting (without strobe). |
![]() |
| Take 2: photographed to show the multi-coloured iridescence under low-lighting (without strobe). |
Size
4 g / 0.14 oz of product.
Scent
Like the rest of the Chanel Joues Contraste powder blushes, it initially has a strong rose scent, which I personally love, but becomes unnoticeable after a few minutes on the cheeks.
Ingredients
Ingredients
![]() |
| List of ingredients (click on the image to enlarge). |
Availability
Limited edition. Available on the official Chanel website and Chanel counters in Myer and David Jones department stores.
Overall Recommendation
I really was not planning on purchasing this blush as I didn't want yet another highlighter (I have plenty!). However... ;-) ... as soon as I swatched this in store, I couldn't help but gasp at its stunning beauty. I knew I had to get it! That sophisticated twinkle in Chanel powders (I equally love their Illusion D'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Cream Eye Shadows for the same reason) never ceases to amaze me, and 'Star Dust' definitely has it. I'm so happy I purchased this. ^_^ If you're a fan of Chanel irridescent powders, then I'd say this is a must-have for you! At least check it out in stores for yourself - photographs never do such "purdy twinkly" products justice! I know this will be one of my favourite products for a while, particularly for the coming holiday season. ;-) *LOVE* <3 <3 <3
Hope this was helpful.
Thanks for stopping by! ^_^ xo
You might also like...
Have you seen this collection? Any that you like, or have purchased? Would love to hear - please leave a comment below. :)











0 Yorumlar