Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Friends of the Experience #2

Warm group hug to the generous Lyn, 'Anon in Yorkshire' and Jim in Maryland.

Jim's favorite movie is It's a Wonderful Life and Arden mentioned that she thought my "save nathaniel's life" fundraising post was a very George Bailey moment --so hmmm, cosmic connections. Jim also informs that the film experience is his favorite website. So, you know, this Jim fellow... he has good taste.

Anon in Yorkshire (who you may recall from various comment sections) also contributed and sent me a lovely e-mail the other day about my pet cause of 2006 Marie Antoinette which she very much enjoyed. It was encouraging to read. You know I got the other kind of mail as well about that one.

Lyn hesitates about naming her favorite but surprises herself with the following:
the one I keep coming back to (weirdly enough) is Peter Weir's Master and Commander. I've come round to thinking it's one of the best films so far this decade ...it was well enough reviewed at the time, on rewatching it a few times, it becomes an almost metaphysical / religious experience. (that, and Paul Bettany is so pretty)
I've actually been meaning to see this again myself. Perhaps I undervalued it at the time? Weir's films always seem pretty sturdy don't they? And Paul Bettany is pretty. So so pretty --->

You know who else is pretty? People who give money to struggling writers whose work they enjoy. They're the most beautiful people of all. They're like Paul Newman / Michelle Pfeiffer level gorgeous. And you are that pretty, aren't'cha?

In the comments... which movie do you keep coming back to to your own surprise?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar